Monday 28 June 2010

Three Dimensional Weaving

After discussing the weaving experiments and ideas with Ken it was clear that I needed to stop just focusing on the facade of the building and start trying to find a way to link the plan and facade together. Ken suggested that I try thinking about the weaving in a more three dimensional way to try to create a more interesting plan for my building and also express this on the facade. The following plans are sketches of how this might start to work.

I have tried to use the woven strips to create spaces inside the building; they might not be solid walls but a variety of materials similar to those I have been experimenting with in earlier research. They would be varying heights, thicknesses and opacity's depending on the area they were dividing or containing. On the facade they might start to become balcony spaces or simply act as a decorative panel. At street level I have tried to use the material to encourage people into the exhibition space and create a new entrance.


Basement Floor Plan



Ground Floor Plan


First Floor Plan


 
Second Floor Plan


Third Floor Plan



1 comment: